Monday, October 09, 2006

October already!!

Another week, another month. Good to hear the moving saga and tales form Abu Dhabi. I went to the gym on Saturday morning then did a bit of shopping including a trip to Bootle to pick up a T shirt that Mel had ordered from M & S. Mel and I went ot see 'Queen', the film, in the afternoon which was good but sad - all about Diana's death which I hadn't realised. Alan Bennet's 'The History Boys' starts next week which will be a must to see. Mel and J watched the England match (oh dear) whilst I read the paper then did the ironing before a splendid prawn curry. Sunday was a lovely autumnal day and we set off in search of the next 8 mile leg of the Lancs Trail which J will no doubt detail at a later time. We got muddled due to lack of path and adequate directions but a lovely stretch - beech woods again. 1 squirrel, 1 rabbit and a compulsory heron. The Clog and Biilycock Inn was extremely welcome at lunch time as we both had achey legs. If any one knows what a Billycock is I would like to know!!("it is a felt hat with a low, rounded crown, similar to a derby..." added by John) J had pate and toast and I had home made thick onion soup with cheese on toast floating on the top - delicious! Much fortified we finished the last couple of miles returning to pick up my car and home by 4 pm. A couple of lazy hours before roast chicken and a couple more lazy hours!! I have just been to pilates and had a tasty rib eye steak, J finished off the curry! Time for a Sudoku and crossword then another day gone. Am I wishing my life away?? Hope you are not missing autumn too much Ben, it really has been lovely recently although we did put the heating on at the end of last week as it was getting rather chilly! I am sure the sun makes up for it!

No comments: