...or at https://sharalike.com/s/kzyB and the route we took can be seen at
We set off earlier than usual as it was supposed to rain by midday.
As you can see from the map, our walk included the...
- Cheshire lines - a disused railway line that was built by the Cheshire Lines Committee, extending the North Liverpool Extension Line to Southport in 1884,
- Jubilee Wood - a former landfill site which has been planted in...♦ Scots pine, ♦ Corsican pine,
♦ guelder rose and
♦ dog rose and
- Leeds Liverpool Canal - the longest canal in Northern England at 127 miles long.
During the walk we saw...
- Two men practising Falconry - the hunting of wild quarry in its natural state and habitat by means of a trained bird of prey; in this case a Hobby;
- Buzzards - now the commonest and most widespread UK bird of prey;
- a Grebe;
- Coots and
...along with the usual hedgerow and field wild birds.
We ended our Meander at Costa, in Maghull, with a coffee and mince pie - a fruit-based mincemeat sweet pie of British origin that is traditionally served during the Christmas season.