Sunday, August 19, 2007

Southport Show and Maps


We decided today that the weather was too unpredictable and we would be better off visiting "The show"! It hasn't been something we had considered doing since moving here in 1989 but it was an interesting experience. The theme was "music" and some of the exhibitors had been very imaginative. Displays included an Octopus's garden (seen above), Lucy in the Sky..., Strawberry Fields, Abbey Road etc. I particularly liked the displays of ferns and grasses as well as the Bonsai (again one included in the image above).
Rather than putting each photograph in separately I decided to do two collages; I hope this gives a feeling of the exhibits I liked and the range of things on view.

As you can see above there were other things to view than plants and fruit and vegetables. I've included one bird of prey especially for Madeline and Ben. Chris purchased a new bag (black leather) and as the weather deteriorated we headed back home so that I could watch the clash between Liverpool and Chelsea. A 1-1 draw.
Maps: - It seems as if some people like looking at the maps of our walks so I've added the two I've missed...

Blogged with Flock

No comments: