Monday, August 27, 2007

Martin Mere

Before I talk about what we did today, let me include a picture of the Childe of Hale; remember we saw this carving yesterday.

Impressive isn't it?
Today we took our guests to Martin Mere. No surprise there as we tend to take most of our guests to see the "wetlands and wildfowl"!
I experienced a few firsts, even after so many visits!
One, I have never seen a flamingo eat from someones hand or, come to that, get so close to one!

Then again, two, I've never touched a living dragon-fly before but, today they seemed reluctant to move and I got some nice shots with the digital camera.

And three, for the second day running I managed to photograph a Peacock butterfly; this time on a plant.

Two iron sculptures caught my eye, I'm sure I've seen them before but I don't think I've taken any pictures. I include images of them below...




Lynn, Pete and dad seemed to enjoy their visit, Lynn having purchased a monocular. We visited the cafe, as usual, and enjoyed the fine fare provided. We were going home via the coast road but, Southport was being visited by the masses! So it was a quick turn-round and back home for further refreshments. Dad and Pete are watching cricket (India against England), Lynn, Melanie and Chris are in the other room and I'm uploading pictures and 'doing-the-blog'.
Chris is in work tomorrow morning so, it is down to me to entertain the guests until Chris joins us at lunch-time.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I haven't been to Martin Mere for at least 2 decades - I will make sure I go again soon, John.