Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Preston to Ribchester

I'm sure Ben will like the 3B village I've produced to show my 'Ribble Way' Photographs to date. 3B is an 'alternative' Browser that combines a '3D walk through' with web links; at work I've produced a 3B Village of Websites I use day-2-day. There are a number of different types of 'village' for the photographs I've chosen 'Art Gallery'

To view my 3B village, please download the
3B browser.
Then click on the picture to open
Weekend Walks 01 Ribble Way village.







The walk on Sunday was blessed by good weather again but for most of the walk the fields in particular were boggy! We did however see two deer along with a wide range of flora and fauna.
The vase-shaped fungi was of particular interest! Seen high above the Ribble in woodland; the climb up was a struggle as the bank was very slippery. Your mother managed to stop me slipping back down to the bottom... What a star! As you can see, the birds wont go without this winter! Plenty of berries in the hedgerows.
I'll update the Live.local map of the Ribble way walk when I get a few mins; watch this space... I think Chris was upset that the cafe, that we visited last time we were in Ribchester, was closed; the alternative visit to the pub (a local pub for local people) was not good! We ended up buying sandwiches from a shop and eating them while watching 'boy's football'; The traffic Warden arrived... Many of the dad's had to get parking tickets very quickly! Looking forward to the next section; Chris quite excited as we pass the wood where we went to 'see the badgers'!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Very nice, I like that and it'll only get better as more of it gets passed to the better graphics cards which are coming out. I bet it's bought up by microsoft or similar within a year...