Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The alternative version!

My poor new car received a bump to the side last Wednesday! I was not in the car and a new driver was reversing out of a drive opposite and didn’t have quite enough room. I thought it would be easy to solve but the garage I took it to just for a look thought it would have to have a whole new side panel welded on!! I have therefore left it to the insurers to sort out and they are coming to collect it tomorrow. I picked up a nice silver Polo tonight to use until mine is returned home. Very annoying when it was so new but at least the girl involved waited to tell me that she had run into me which I thought was very honest of her.
The Ribble Way is going well if somewhat muddy especially when you have slippery shoes (not me!) but we have been really lucky with the weather and it is very exciting seeing deer (spotted by Tracker John) with the unlikely prospect of badgers next time. I have now got a gym programme which only lasts an hour rather than 1.5 hours but as a result everything is now up a level so it is hard work but better. Mel and I went to see the Taming of the Shrew at the Playhouse last night which was really good and very funny. J declined the invitation and is currently watching Liverpool playing football at the mo with Mel. (Mel isn’t playing football). Mel and I went to see Borat last Saturday which was probably one of the worst films I have ever seen but I am sure Ben would find it hilarious.
I hope the wok chef soaked and precooked the black beans- it is easier to buy a tin!! Chinese 5 spice is readily available from the spice rack section of all major supermarkets. They had it in Asda in Skem!! We have just had the third lot of savoury rice which J made on Monday but turned out rather more than he expected, hence why we are still eating it!
Keep up the good blogs, it is lovely to have them to read. Take care and love to you all.

No comments: