Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another weekend gone…




Went to the gym nice and early after hanging out the washing. A trip to Toni & Guy was an experience – back massage whilst hair being washed and an interesting way to cut hair, not what I asked for but which hairdresser ever does that? I am still undecided. Mel came to watch the footie with John and I did the ironing when I returned from Ormskirk. Tried to get tickets for Abigail’s Party at the Unity but sold out so stayed in and watched ????.
We set off early for the next 2 stages of the Lancashire Trail which was about 9 miles in all. This went from near Standish to Rivington (parked near the Barn) but we resisted the temptation to climb up to the top of the pike and had a sandwich and drink instead! The weather was lovely – really autumnal and sunny. We saw 2 beautiful herons on Worthington Lakes and a dead sheep being nibbled by a magpie. There were bushes near the M61 services that were covered in huge sloes so we may return in a few weeks to gather some for sloe gin. We haven’t tried last years so I am not sure if I like it! Crossing the M61 bridge seemed like good training for the SF Golden Gate but probably no where near as scary. We got home mid afternoon and I wrote a report for work which I never seemed to get time to do in the week and we had roast bacon and purple cauli for tea! Last night we went to see Arthur Miller’s ‘All my sons’ at the Playhouse which was very good – that information is for Madeline as I know I am wasting my time with Ben!! On Thursday it is the highlight of the year – Badger night in Lancashire. I hope we see them perform as well as they did last year. I looked in the loft for Ben’s binoculars but no joy – needle and haystack spring to mind. I went to the gym tonight so should sleep well. Hope Ben’s kittens are OK, I’m glad he has inherited a liking for small fury creatures, wonder where he got that from??

1 comment:

Ben said...

Wasting your time with me?! I'm a culture vulture!