Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Alternative weekend 9/10 September




As I don’t seem to do the Lancashire Trail in enough detail I thought I would record the other exciting (?) events of the weekend. Early morning gym for me as J was waiting for a bed to arrive – it didn’t! A beautiful day so did an hours gardening just to tidy things up a bit and also a quick snooze in the sunshine. Liverpool/Everton Derby so Mel came to watch and I decided to go to Southport instead. Didn’t buy anything much except a guitar book. My musical genius is coming along very slowly but I am trying to do something each day and there is some progress! J reported that the bed still hadn’t arrived when I got home only to be told at 4 pm when I was about to phone them up and complain that it had arrived whilst I was at Southport! What a silly Billy! Sunday looked like a lovely day again so we set off early to avoid the full heat of the day. Full details on J’s blog but suffice it to say it was very pleasant especially the refreshing end at the Wiggin Tree. Sunday afternoon was a bit more gardening, some strumming and a read of the Sunday papers then roast and tv – how predictable!! Lovely to see Ben’s blog but where is Mandy and Dave’s???

2 comments:

Ben said...

I agree, I'm fed up of seeing the boxing day catapiller

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog while looking up lancashire walking.

Very good, an interesting read with some great photo's

Stuart
Sea Fishing and Walking in the UK