Saturday, March 08, 2014

Hunting the White Hart

When I say hunting, I mean "looking for", nothing more than that. 
I've been lucky enough to see the White Hart, when supporting OLASS (Offender Learning and Skills Service) so, I'd hoped to spot him again on this walk.
Our 4.7466 miles route has been saved and the URL for this route is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6228252

Parking at Bretherton Church we headed off along the B5247 and quickly turned left down an enclosed path towards the B5248.
The rabbits obviously were not expecting us Meandering along the footpath as we made them jump,and to be fair they made us jump as well.
Turning right, when we reached the road we we watched by a flock of, what I think were, Soay Sheep

It was then time to head off towards Long Fold,  Doles Lane, Boundary Farm and Tattersals Farm before emerging back onto the B5248.

At Norris's Farm to say at land owner was inconsiderate, is an understatement. Walking down the side of the farm, we reached the footpath sign and were faced with, if we followed the correct route, a freshly ploughed field to the footbridge on the far side. 
It brought back memories of how careful we were to keep footpaths accessible over our land. Apparently this doesn't matter any more.
We retraced our steps and walked around the edge of the field to eventually reach the footbridge. 

Crossing both the bridge and the nearby railway line ...
Towards Ormskirk
Towards Preston

...we were on the road through the woodland where I've seen the White Hart in the past. I should add that we had both spotted deer prints in the soft edges of arable fields.
Chris scanned the right-hand side of the road and yes, I scanned the left.
I'm sorry if you are looking for a stunning picture but, My White Hart wasn't to be seen.
Turning off the Willow lined road,with their catkins/lamb's tails, 

we crossed Wymott Brook and, via Copeland Farm, returned to the B5247 completing the loop.
Yes I was disappointed Chris didn't seethe White Hart but, an enjoyable walk albeit boggy underfoot in places.
Perhaps next time!

No comments: