Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006!

Christmas is almost over for another year! Strange to hear tales from around the world of Christmas swims – perhaps we will try it tomorrow if we make Formby! We have had a good day with nice food and drink and some good presents. Thanks Ben and Madeline, I am looking forward to my grown up book, I shall try to read it in the daytime so I don’t fall asleep.
We did a repeat walk yesterday of one we did a couple of years ago on the Wirral, We decided that 12 miles of the Ribble Way was a little ambitious for Christmas eve! We did 10 miles last week and it was very boggy in places and almost dark when we got back. Perhaps we will get an early start next week and go for it. We saw lots of birds yesterday; because it has been so mild lately I think they have missed out winter and are getting into Spring mode. We saw a huge flock of curlews (big birds with long curved beaks!) and quite a few flowers which shouldn’t have been in flower. Hopefully J will provide the pictures. We are both off work now until 2 Jan but poor Mel has to go to work on Wednesday! Not sure what we will do, possibly lots of trips to the gym for me to get rid of the Christmas sloth! (Two toed).I think there is probably a connection Ben between the drink and the hangovers, perhaps you are just getting too old to keep up the pace!! Glad you had a good time with Paddy and Katie; let me know if you think a week in SF would be a good idea in April and if you would have any time to spend with us?? I know you are busy but we can do some self entertaining too – I have the book! As you are going to be there for at least 2 years I am sure we could come again later and possibly do the trip down south? Let us know what you think sometime!
Lots of love to you both and the OZ travellers too – take care if you meet any big kangaroos!! xx

1 comment:

Ben said...

Friday 6th through Monday 16th April is my spring break. Could certainly see you for a little while then :)

Glad you had a nice day - You'll be pleased to know we have the heating on at the moment; even southern california gets cold!

Have a nice day with J&D.
x